Parrot Hybrid

finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The orange galah that is produced I have seen a number of times over the years and they are very pretty and easy to sell to the wealthy who want something the neighbours don't have for a pet, so I'm told. Don't however advocate hybrid breeding.
LML
LML
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think the orange galah is from the corella x galah and is rare as most young come out grey with orange under wings ...Funny to me is how mother nature has had the last say on this one in making the galah x corella hybrids mules and so unable to reproduce . :thumbup:
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
mickw

There are a couple of Galah/Corella hybrids flying around here wild.....the Corellas are hybrid Long Bill/Littles themselves.......havent yet seen an orange one, just the greys
VR1Ton

That is a major problem, Littles are moving into area were Longbills are & either evicting them or cross breeding. I use to get a few from a lisenced trapper when I had my shop, & he has slowly seen the decline in longbills for some time & belives that pure longbills in the wild could be extinct in the next 20 yaers.
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes the Littles have taken over the sulphurs nesting areas here too , they were rare here in the 80s now they are very common .

Not good for the Sulphurs as the stress is contributing to the beak and feather plight , not good for the Corellas, moving into beak and feather infected nesting hollows .

Sulphurs are actually coming into town and nesting in palm trees , not ideal nest sites for large parrots.

Nothing good is going to come of this situation.
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
nathan morley

Major Mitchell cockatoo x little Corella
Last edited by Buzzard-1 on 12 Jun 2011, 13:11, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spelling
Buzzard-1

nathan morley wrote:Major Mitchell cockatoo x little Corella
What nathen please post more. Like I have seen or Major Mitchell's have crossed with Corella's, so other members know what you are meaning.
nathan morley

I was saying what kind of hybrid it was.
Buzzard-1

nathan morley wrote:I was saying what kind of hybrid it was.
That had already been established on the first page. If you still wanted to comment you could have posted I agree with ....
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

VR1Ton wrote:That is a major problem, Littles are moving into area were Longbills are & either evicting them or cross breeding. I use to get a few from a lisenced trapper when I had my shop, & he has slowly seen the decline in longbills for some time & belives that pure longbills in the wild could be extinct in the next 20 yaers.
Just reading through this post and I think he is wrong, if you go to Tewantin river bank (Noosa) or school or football grounds there are thousands of Longbilled Corellas flying around that area, I lived there for many years and other then a couple of Pale head Rosellas,Galahs, White and Black Cocky's thats what you mostly saw in Parrots..
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten

Return to “Parrots”