Spotted Bowerbird

This is the forum for any topics/posts regarding Softbills, Weavers or Whydahs that do not currently have a species profile of their own. If you wish to complete a profile feel free to do so, on completion send it to Admin for correct placement on the forum.
Buzzard-1

See Deb I can control myself :silent: :lol:
Tintola

Might I ask where one saw this Tassie Tiger?
I saw one too! It was in a jar on a shelf at the museum.
Seriously------------ Where did you see it Deb?
Jeff
OH LORD, SAVE ME FROM YOUR FOLLOWERS!Image
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you Buzz ... :roll: hardest thing you've had to do for an age hey :?: :lol:

Bowen Mountain was virgin bushland when we moved there , it is a small residential strip occupied mostly by greenies . It is between the Gross Wilderness and Megalong Valley .

How I came to see it is like this ....half way up the mountain is a very steep hill which in my little mini required me to get some revs up to be able to get up it without having to change down gears ( no synchro in minis back then ) anyhoo this night i stuffed it up and was slowing down to change into first , it very casually stepped out in front of me ( about half a house block away ) and stopped , it seemed an age before it moved and I had plenty of time to mentally record any and all its features .
Second time same place but I had the revs up , it scooted across the road in front of me so it was more a glance than a good look .

Yes I was straight and sober ....you might think me crazy I think myself fortunate to have seen it ... :thumbup:
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
Netsurfer

jusdeb wrote:Thank you Buzz ... :roll: hardest thing you've had to do for an age hey :?: :lol:

Bowen Mountain was virgin bushland when we moved there , it is a small residential strip occupied mostly by greenies . It is between the Gross Wilderness and Megalong Valley .

How I came to see it is like this ....half way up the mountain is a very steep hill which in my little mini required me to get some revs up to be able to get up it without having to change down gears ( no synchro in minis back then ) anyhoo this night i stuffed it up and was slowing down to change into first , it very casually stepped out in front of me ( about half a house block away ) and stopped , it seemed an age before it moved and I had plenty of time to mentally record any and all its features .
Second time same place but I had the revs up , it scooted across the road in front of me so it was more a glance than a good look .

Yes I was straight and sober ....you might think me crazy I think myself fortunate to have seen it ... :thumbup:
It's incredible, I was always hoping they're not extinct even some people in Tassie I knew were saying they're still around!I really hope they are, but here in Blue Moutains? Possible! :thumbup:

However, I once had a good glass of Bourbon and I thought I saw Paris Hilton sitting on my bed, I refused to believe it and went to slip, when I woke up she wasn't there. I realized that i must have imagined it. :soppy:
Buzzard-1

Netsurfer wrote: I once had a good glass of Bourbon and I thought I saw Paris Hilton sitting on my bed,
Yea Bourbon gives me nightmares to sometimes :problem: :lol:
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Pfft non believers ... :thumbdown: Water of this ducks back . :D
David Brent
E Orix

Jusdeb
Until someone can be 100% sure and come out and say that they are extinct then we must hope that they are still here.
Parts of Tasmania and Eastern Australia have miles and miles of untouched areas that could hide a herd of Elephants let alone a smallish animal like the Tassie Tiger. If you say you saw one let someone prove you are wrong with facts.It is easy to be negative when speaking off hand.
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks Eorix :thumbup:
David Brent
Jayburd
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

if I were you deb, I'd be camping in the area for a week with a camera and a flashbub :D :D
and lots of coffee
Julian

Birdwatcher and finch-keeper.

Feel free to check out my photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lewinsrail/
And my birding antics here: http://worthtwointhebushbirding.blogspot.com.au/
Myzomela

I think you'd need more than a week Jayburd- one of those things you could spend your entire life searching for and never find, or happen to be in the right place at the right time & see it.

A part of me hopes that these sightings are true but if there was ever any concrete proof then I fear that the poor things would be harrassed to death!!

Still, better harrassed than extinct!

It is amazing the number of people who swear they have seen tassie tigers, pumas, even paradise parrots- and I hope they have. Keeps hope alive in all of us!
Research; evaluate;observe;act

Return to “For any species not listed below”