Spice Finches

Lonchura

GregH wrote:when I set up in Brisbane next year.
Can't wait to meet you in person. :mrgreen: When you get settled in, I would be happy to give you a pair or two if you are interested, as I am sure you have lots of experiences you could share. I am breeding Spice/Nutmeg finches here in Brisbane. There are a few of us who still breed them, we also have a small group who share them around. They use to be very common in the wild around the south side of Brisbane but I have been on the lookout for them for over a year and haven't seen any. The flock seems to have disappeared or moved on.
I am interested in purchasing any of the more unusual Lonchura species and/or their subspecies. Particularly the Asian Munias or New Guinea Mannikins. If you have some and wish to sell them, PM me with the type, quantity and price

I will buy related or unrelated birds. I am also happy to organise and pay freight from anywhere in Australia.
GregH

My only evidence that it's a pair is the "male" sings and builds nests and the "female" I assume is the one laying the eggs and is the one that does the night shift (very consistent in estrillids). There are 4 other spice finches in the aviary but the "female of the pair is the only one I've seen that goes in and out of their nest. The eggs are all clear from what I can see but they may be dying early and I gon't get to see them until everything's gooey after a 3-4 weeks as I'm not game to disturb them.

Return to “Spice Finch”