I want a Canary that's a good singer! suggestions?

colorin

finchbreeder wrote:The theory is that the type of canary decides which is the best singer. Theory isn't always the same as fact. The largest number of good singers may well be rollers, but the best may not. Just find someone who is willing to sell you a male canary who you have heard sing and sing well, and you may get a better singer at a cheaper price. As Deb said it is normal for them to stop singing when they move home, but to resume the next breeding season.
LML
What canaries are those? I've had canaries all my life and they sing all year round! (a bit less when moulting) :?
djb78

What I think is finchbreeder is trying to say is that the roller eg-german/American has the best reputation of being good singers but that's not always the case,you might find an extremely good whistler in another speices such as a yorky. Never had mine sing through moult either.
Danny
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Correct my friend. I prefer Glosters myself and have had some splendid singers and some average singers over the years. Mother keeps both Borders and Red Factors and finds the same as I do. Some splendid some so-so.
LML
LML
djb78

As I have said before got German rollers and whislers-normals and yorkies. Myself I would pick any of my whislers over my rollers any day just on song alone. But I understand that's it u to the individual themselves to pick their own bird but don't try to restrict yourself to the one speices. As finchbreeder was saying gloster canaries can sing very good and also looks quiet the treat, my look in the future to buy a pair really want one with a crest.
Danny
thehammer

Ab's Finches wrote:oh yes i did sorry, forgot to tell you. They said That he doesn't sell Rollers but they gave me someone who does in Mt.Waverly who is a member so it worked out well thanks. I am yet to contact the breeder tho.

Thanks AB
Forgot to mention - If you haven’t already purchased a canary, you may want to wait until the Victorian Canary Society Annual Sale on July 16.
Ab's Finches

Ok well i am yet to buy one, reason being i was going to wait until the 3rd of July when the bird sale is on at Union Hall, La trobe Uni..i was thinking i would get my finches there and also my canary, but of course that depends on what you people think? I have never been to a bird sale before so it would be great to see what you folks think..

Thanks AB
thehammer

You will find superior and more varieties of canaries at the Victorian Canary Society Annual Sale on July 16.
Ab's Finches

no worries then, would you be able to give me the info on were it is and what time etc?

Cheers AB
thehammer

I sent you the details in a pm

Return to “Canaries”