Help trying to pair goldfinches!

Includes Species Profile
Howldaloom

My hen is now ripping up paper and trying to nest *she has no nest in with her* But the other bird still isnt interested. I think it is a cock bird because it sings (badly) but its still singing. Where as the other one doesnt make a peep.

And he is bigger in size and darker all round. PLus i posted pics of him *link on this page to other thread*
please dont stand in my aura
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Haven't had Goldfinches for some years now and wasn't very good at sexing them when I did have them so no comment on that aspect. However, not all birds in breeding condition like the choice of mate they are given. Just as not all people go for the first available mate. :parp: So maybe it's time to try swapping the cock for another one. Do you know someone you can swap cocks with?
LML
LML
nirep

finchbreeder wrote:Haven't had Goldfinches for some years now and wasn't very good at sexing them when I did have them so no comment on that aspect. However, not all birds in breeding condition like the choice of mate they are given. Just as not all people go for the first available mate. :parp: So maybe it's time to try swapping the cock for another one. Do you know someone you can swap cocks with?
LML
Concur with your comments.Time to swap the cock bird if you can!
rach8191

Sounds like they both want to breed just not with each other unfortunately. :thumbdown:
2 Emblemas, 1 Yellow Sided GC Conure, 1 Pug, 8 assorted tropical fish :D

Return to “Goldfinch”