Fledglings

Includes Species Profile
arthur

I wonder where that huge snake was really photographed

I have had the same photo emailed to me by three different friends . . each citing a different location

And here it is again . . and . . a fourth location

Be too big to get through 6 x 6mm mesh . . but would put a hell of a sag into it if it decided to get onto the roof :worm: :worm: :worm: :worm: :worm:
Tiaris

nowhere near Branxton unless it was an escapee. Its a Black-headed Python - a top end only species I believe.
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ah yes well I did say it was courtesy of facebook ..could have been from anywhere .
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
Diane

Same aviary, same nest, same parents, different clutch, 2 babies out this morning, not sure if there are any more left in the nest as there is an Emblema nest with eggs built on the top of the BFPF nest that I don't want to disturb.
Once again, one looks a bit underdone, but they are already perched higher in the aviary than the previous youngsters.
P1010022 (640x427).jpg
P1010023 (640x426).jpg
P1010024 (640x427).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Look at those eyes , sharp as tacks your little birds and very cute ...
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
Verdefinch

Does anyone have a good photo of the young in the nest with the fluro parts on their mouth. I would love to see a close up photo. Phil
Verdefinch

How old are PF's when they breed. I have a pair that have done nothing in a year I have had them. Starting to wonder if these things know what to do...and yes it is a pair!!!
Craig52

Verdefinch wrote:How old are PF's when they breed. I have a pair that have done nothing in a year I have had them. Starting to wonder if these things know what to do...and yes it is a pair!!!
Are you sure they are a pr,BF will breed at 3-6 months old and the cock will pursue a hen wether they are compatable or not.The only other problem is that they are to over fed and to fat and content to breed,especially if they have an everlasting supply of mealworms. Craig
Verdefinch

They have laid a few eggs and one does chase the other around but seems to stay on the nest for a short period of time and then leave them. Oh well, will keep trying. Actually i saw today they were filling up another nest box so will see what happens
Verdefinch

Actually had 2 almost successful nestings - the first left the nest and cold weather that night killed him. The next got killed by ants (ants have since been sprayed). I'm hoping third time there will be success.

Return to “Blue Faced Parrotfinches”