Blue gouldian photos

Includes Species Profile.
Craig52

garyh wrote:In any normal male gouldian you will see a blue tinge ,most new breeders of blue goulds,think this is how you tell the splits,not so,only true way is blue to split ,the rest is rubbish,some people think they know it all ,but in reality need to have a good look at normals,fantastic colored birds,garyh
I tend to agree Gary,nearly all normal green backed cocks have a blue sheen to them in good light.At the gouldian counts some of the cock birds had a brilliant blue sheen on their backs so they must be all split to blue :wtf: Craig
Craig52

IMG_9215.jpg
Not a good pic but there's a couple of split blues in these wild ones.The black headed cock in front of the red headed cock top left is the better one. Craig
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Diane

garyh wrote:In any normal male gouldian you will see a blue tinge ,most new breeders of blue goulds,think this is how you tell the splits,not so,only true way is blue to split ,the rest is rubbish,some people think they know it all ,but in reality need to have a good look at normals,fantastic colored birds,garyh
Birds I mentioned had more blue than what I considered "normal"
They have been test bred and proved splits otherwise I would not have mentioned it.
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits

Return to “Gouldian”