New Blue-headed Gouldian, 2011

An area to discuss new and established colour mutations.
www.aviariovera.com

Goodnight

We have already spoken on other occasions, in this case we do to present the new gouldian blue head 2011.

The can see the new pictures in http://www.aviariovera.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, in the section on Juan Farrat.

A salute to all components of this forum.

Ivan Vera
http://www.aviariovera.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GregH

I am constantly amazed every time I see these blue Cuban birds. Whenever sanctions are lifted he's going to make a fortune. Of course when this selection can be distributed and please spare a thought for the Aussies who will have to wait until the right mutation shows up again.
BENSONSAN

get them on the white rum a cigars..works a charm :think:
Diane

I think Cando has some of the blue headed gouldians too. Possibly not as blue or as far up the head but the blue area is far bigger than normal, so that means the mutation is in at least two places.
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits
Cando

No mine are not as blue but I have had the trait passed on to the next generation and will continue to work with them. I have had 2 with unexpected health problem. One passed away after a three day half body paralysis with eye and foot contractions. Another one has developed twirling in a moderate stage. 4 other boys are fine, so I don't know if there is a problem with my line of this mutaion or just coincidence to have these 2 unusual illnesses occur in my blue heads...
I will continue to work with them and keep the records. here are some of mine.

This one was my first that cropped up in 2009. He did not get the blue until a year old. I had sold his brothers at about 7 months so they may have gotten it too though I never heard back for the buyer. This is the one that appeared to have a stroke and died three days later, he was feeding chicks. The hen continued to feed the clutch of 3 on her own. I have a really nice BH yellow hen from him and 2 males, though the males are not showing much blue. I am thinking the color must come from the hen? I will breed her once matured enough.
This blue's sister had several blue heads, I have bred another sister and they look to be showing some blue also. It seems the older the gouldian gets the blue darkens.
I love the BH dilutes anyway but this blue shading is most pleasant.

2010 chicks

finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Beautiful Birds. Glad to see that they are in both Spain and America. Look forward to updates as and when they happen. Pity that Australia does not look like getting a look in.
LML
LML
gouldianpaul

one of my PB BH single factor cock birds looks very similar to the bird pictured....in the direct sunlight his head looks totally blue, however in the shade he appears a diluted grey color....the hen he is paired to (PB BH yellow back) looks similar but not with as much blue over the head....I think I will pair these 2 birds up again next season as I've only produced 3 offspring from them this year....I can't wait to see how they color up...cheers, Paul
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Pics please. And sincerely hope they breed again next year. :thumbup:
LML
LML
gouldianpaul

I will post pictures once their young are fully independent...currently 1 week out of the box...cheers, Paul
Luís Lourenço

Hi!

Here in Portugal we have the Blue Headed Gouldian too.
Luís Lourenço

http://lourencoaves.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Mutation Finches”