The biggest Zebra Finch Show

Includes Species Profile.
nswchainsaw

Shameless_phantom wrote:Also is there a start time?? And are birds on display all day for us to look at and photograph or do we need to be there at a specific time?? Any help would be great!
Catch up with me and i will introduce you to someone in your area ,the judging starts at 9.30 and should finish about 12 , there will be plenty of time after that for photos.
Ask for Garry or Chainsaw .

I will be going up there today to help set up for the show so i will not be able to answer any more questions.
Garry
malibu_birdie

Well aparently aluminas are in short supply! And mine decided that they didn't know what to do with their eggs and kicked them out. First timers though so not really surprised. If they manage to breed for me this season would you be open to a swap of bloodlines Garry?
nswchainsaw

malibu_birdie wrote:Well aparently aluminas are in short supply! And mine decided that they didn't know what to do with their eggs and kicked them out. First timers though so not really surprised. If they manage to breed for me this season would you be open to a swap of bloodlines Garry?
I will see how mine breed but i have a cock of Robs you can have , will try to get him to you in the next couple of weeks.
Garry
Finchy

OK, I just spotted this thread from last year... Does it mean there'll be another show like this in Gosford in August 2012?! :frogg:

(If not, when is the best Zebra show/sale on in the Sydney area/within 2 hours of Sydney?)

nswchainsaw

Finchy wrote:OK, I just spotted this thread from last year... Does it mean there'll be another show like this in Gosford in August 2012?! :frogg:

(If not, when is the best Zebra show/sale on in the Sydney area/within 2 hours of Sydney?)

Bathurst Regional Avicultural Society Inc. Annual Show
This will be the your best chance , some of the best Breeders will be showing and i think there will be some good Zebs for Sale , the Show will be held on Sunday 17 June at Mount Panorama .
Garry .
Finchy

Thanks Garry :).

...but Bathurst?! Way too far West for me. :cry: I would not get away with $$$ in fuel and $$$ for an overnight stay just for Zebras. Gosford would have been OK. I'm so peeved. I've kept birds for 8 years but never yet been to a proper show because a) They are almost never held near the major population centres, or b) The information was not updated on the club web sites in time to be found.

I want to go because who the best breeders are seems to be some kind of 'hobby secret' so I can never locate birds worth having, no matter how hard I try and how many people I ask. Drives me absolutely batty. e.g. I've been trying to get Marked White Zebras for over two years now, asking everyone who stands still long enough for me to talk to them, but I still don't have any or know who to get them from!

So I wanna go to a finch shoooooowww!

:eh:
nswchainsaw

Bathurst is only 2 hours from Sydney if you would have looked the Zebra Finch Annual Show was last Sunday at Riverstone .
Garry
fincher

any off zebbie people coming over to WA in august some time for the nationals
nswchainsaw

ill be there on the 24th till the 27th the Fed Show is on the 25th ,
Garry
fincher

more than likely might catch u there or ur welcomne to come have a look around my avaries if u have the time but would have to be the the sunday or monday as got work the friday and saturday

thansk chris

Return to “Zebra”