To Handrear, or not to Handrear? That is the question.

jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Perhaps your Corella needs a playmate ...I have an equally needy Short Billed here about to be strangled .

No I wouldn't part with her but some days I just do not want to be the entertainment committee for this bird.
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
desertbirds

jusdeb wrote:Perhaps your Corella needs a playmate ...I have an equally needy Short Billed here about to be strangled ..
Her door is always open and she is welcome to find a new playmate, we tried ignoring it, squirting it, getting a bigger dog and the bl--dy thing wont leave. On the odd occasion, all is quiet,the cage is empty and its not in the tree. I feel the slightest bit guilty for about 3 seconds and get on with life after "trevor". :thumbup: Then i hear the familiar RAAAT,RRRAAAT, Hello Trevor,Hello Trevor and off i go to the neighbours across the street, or down the road to find my beloved pet.She seems to have most cats, dogs,kids and all women bluffed.She gets put in her cage for a about half an hour and the noise is unbearable so she gets let out again. Guess she has my measure too. :lol:
Diane

When my mind gets an idea it becomes very stubborn about it,
Seems to be a youth trait, had someone else say the same thing to me the other day. :D
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits
BENSONSAN

Everyone correct me if I'm wrong. But I was under the impression that scarlets don't really become tame at all? Maybe I'm totally wrong. But interested as I own a pair myself.
Nrg800

I have heard that there's not much of a Market for them, as they're not very clowny, but I have seen videos of hand-reared ones.
Latest Lifer: Black-headed Gull (HaLong Bay. #528)
Australia List: 324 (White-throated Nightjar)
Global Year List: 119 (Powerful Owl)
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

From the few I have seen hand reared they are only tame in such a way that you can approach it and pick it up ...they spend their free time somewhere high just happy to watch whats going on .

No not a bird you would call a companion parrot .
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent

Return to “Anything else”