Odd??

Includes Species Profile.
TheFinchMan101

Ok, so I have two pairs of zebras in one of my aviaries at the moment to try and get some new colours, and in saying that both hens were ready to lay their first eggs today and when I went out to check on their nests the black faced hen had two eggs in her nest and the marked white hen had one egg in her nest. So what I'm wondering is that can a zebra lay two eggs in one hit?? It couldn't have been the other hen as she has an egg in her nest and plus both cocks are extremely protective of their nests so that's out of the story. I will check on the black face hen tomorrow to see if she lays two eggs again if it happens again, or was it just luck she laid two???
AMCA26

I cant answer that. What are the colours are you trying to achieve?
Breeding Show Zebra Finches, Blue Gouldians, Pied Orange Breast.
TheFinchMan101

im breeding an orange breasted fawn male with a black face possible split to orange breast female, and a dilute blue male with a marked white hen.
Niki_K

Is it possible that she may have moved her egg? I have a lot of zebbies, and some move their eggs around their nestbox (possibly due to human disturbance), so it could be that she had laid one the day before and 'hid' it.

Return to “Zebra”