care..

Includes Species Profile.
amalan11

I am having trouble finding much about these guys,I got a pair for $65 just colouring up .Was told they are lovely birds ,iv put them in with my tri nuns
they have settled well and eaten and bathed ...what type of birds are they ? iv never heard of them and was surprised they are Australian ,where are they from? are they a tough type of bird?
Buzzard-1

1st and most important they will hybridise with you Tri's. Typical Munia over grown toe nail problem. tend to lay down fat easy, love greens will eat veg. Come from Pilbra to NT not sure about Queensland. Coastal marsh lands. Usually breed March to early Dec.
amalan11

ok thanks,their nails were ok ,hopefully they will stay that way as the cage has, as sugested here a chunk of sandstone , a huge bunch of rough native grass and rough bark perchs for the poor tri nuns after the drama with their nails ..seems to be working.....
I wondered about them breeding but I cant see thats a problem as they are only in a big budgie cage so prob wont try. If I move them into a bigger cage I will make sure they are on their own.
I will watch their weight ,they do like the food iv seen them in everything tonight..corn ,seed dish,cucumber ,millet and fresh grass seed were all enjoyed!.Much easyer than the tri nuns they will not eat if not given a fresh millet each night fussy little devils :lolno:

Return to “Yellow Rumped”