Not a finch photo.

POLAR GOULDIANS

Had this guy turn up and put on a show a while back. :)
Not sure what the behaviour was about, but he carried on stretching his wings like this for about 10 minutes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
matcho

Looks a bit Kooky to me :roll:
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Crazy hair = crazy bird :D
Hmmm even got those crazy eyes happening too ...

Me thinks he is a special ... :thumbup:
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
Netsurfer

Can't see what's so strange, my birds are doing it all the time. All they're doing is soaking up the early morning sun, it's good for their feathers!
ruthieharris

love Kookaburras :) great shots
Never ever be afraid to do whats right if the well being of an animal is at stake.
Societys punishments are small compared to the wounds we afflict on our Soul when we look the other way.
~ Blue Caps ~ Tanimbars ~ Cutthroats ~ Gouldians ~ Silkie Chickens~
desertbirds

That behaviour is most likely all about "look at me , this is my place" . Great pics and awesome birds . That birds happy and just showing off a bit. They keep the young ones around for the next season and the youngsters help defend the territory and raise the next clutch, Theres a fancy name for that behaviour and Aussie birds have more of that going on than anywhere else on the planet.Wrens,Babblers,Choughs ect ect. :thumbup:
POLAR GOULDIANS

Hi DB,
He was pretty pleased with himself and very cooperative with the camera.
We always have a few of these around and they never seem to show any interest in the aviaries, although I'm sure they would happily dispose of fledglings in the wild. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
maz

desertbirds wrote:That behaviour is most likely all about "look at me , this is my place" . Great pics and awesome birds . That birds happy and just showing off a bit. They keep the young ones around for the next season and the youngsters help defend the territory and raise the next clutch, Theres a fancy name for that behaviour and Aussie birds have more of that going on than anywhere else on the planet.Wrens,Babblers,Choughs ect ect. :thumbup:
This was an area of study I was interested in at one time, fascinating area of study and we have so many species that are cooperative like this in Australia :)
venetta

Cute!
We live across from a local river and bushland.
So many Kookaburra's in the trees all the time! It's lovely to sit out back and listen to them :)
Venetta and Kylie

Return to “Anything else”