Mixed feelings

jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well Im kinda happy with myself today and kinda not ...

We picked up a Sulphur Crested Cocky in Narromine today , very approachable , unable to get any height when flying , under weight and just not looking real good .

Other half managed to get it in a blanket and then into the basket we carry in the boot for such occasions then it was "the talk".

Head won out over heart and the bird was dropped off with the lovely people at Crosby's Vet Surgery in Narromine where it will be checked and then moved to wires or .............euthanised if it carries Beak and Feather . :(

Hope it is OK ...
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
natamambo

Best place for it Deb. I was in the same place with the baby spotted pardalote a few weeks back, but it didn't even live till the morning to get it to the vet once I'd contacted wires and got the contact.
maz

always a hard decision but you wouldnt want to introduce anything to your own birds,I've always been a sucker and it only got worse when I worked at the local vets, myself and one of the vet nurses ended up fostering a large number of parrots as well as others most of which finally got returned to the wild a couple that ended up as pets.

Return to “Anything else”