Singing

loz

I breed Red Factor canaries, & the cock birds have been singing for the last 2 months, it's great working around the yard & listening to their joyful songs.Here in my part of the Paris Corner of Australia :D (Southern Victoria) we pair up our birds from the start of Sept. One of my hens has laid 3 eggs so for in the seed container, unfertile of course, no cock with them. Good luck to the canary breeders for the coming season.
Cheers, Loz.
JEWEL

Yeah my red factors have been having a sing off for the last couple months as well, and recently started chasing each other around the aviary. I have also noticed a couple pairs feeding the hen of his choice, but no nest production as yet. I didnt have any luck last season with my red factors breeding in smaller cages in controlled pairs so this year i'm just going to let them do their own thing out in the aviary this year and see what eventuates.
elferoz777

I have moved all mine to cabinets now and they too were singing like mad as well as my green singers, goldies and siskins.

I will spend the next month prepping my hens and I always find separating the cock birds makes them more eager to breed.

I would keep up the greens, egg and biscuit until Sep.

You can breed them now but I would only do this is the hen has been prepped and the canary room is fully covered and draft free with a reasonable temperature.

Otherwise just sit back and enjoy the music :thumbup:
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Very cold dry winter here. But saying that it has not got below 2 degrees overnight. So is relative. Feeding high percentage of canary seed to help with the cold. Always feed garden greens/weeds all year round, though adjusted in quantity by availability. Nature knows what she is doing, in my humble oppinion. PS - Redwing - Spud is singing beautifully, he has moved up here with me, and has a friend.
LML
LML

Return to “Canaries”