Something Different for Hookbill Lovers

vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Found these 2 on youtube on Findi's Article Page....bit different for squirters....Actually wouldnt mind the black one...missus likes the red one...wow too bad can't get them here might of been coaxed to the dark side :D :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe6lP4ZPPTQ and the red http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tKQx4ea ... re=related
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Needed that little pick me up thanks ..

The last video is how my PC Lorikeet acts juts before she wants to have her way with my hand :o

If you want a character without the squirts go for a conure , just as silly and playful .
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

jusdeb wrote:Needed that little pick me up thanks ..

The last video is how my PC Lorikeet acts juts before she wants to have her way with my hand :o

If you want a character without the squirts go for a conure , just as silly and playful .
Only if they come in black or red :thumbup: :D
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Google Black Cap Conures ... Ive got these coming , small and quiet for conures .
But no can not beat the Lorikeets , even my aviary ones keep me amused with their sillines .

http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/1489 ... 9947DxPdUI

Now this is very nice ...
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

MMMM Nice but Conure still green...seems every hookbill I see is green somewhere :D no wonder missus like Female Eclectus lol...and others that arent ( Macaws) too rich for me :D
Myzomela

Hi Vettepilot,

You can get both red lories and black lories here.
Reds will cost you about $1250-$1750 each.
Blacks between $2000-$3000 each, but they really should be for breeding only as their numbers are still relatively low.

Great characters but can be quite messy!! And if anyone tries to tell you they just need lory dry food and some apple- don't believe them!!
Research; evaluate;observe;act
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Myzomela wrote:Hi Vettepilot,

You can get both red lories and black lories here.
Reds will cost you about $1250-$1750 each.
Blacks between $2000-$3000 each, but they really should be for breeding only as their numbers are still relatively low.

Great characters but can be quite messy!! And if anyone tries to tell you they just need lory dry food and some apple- don't believe them!!
Really...well thats about half what a Macaws up here so not too bad...have to breed a lot of finches (to appease head accountant ).. and build a speciality aviary just for them...
(puts on want n wish list)...Wonder if 1pr of each are okay in 1 aviary or will they hybridise? or just get the Red ones and breed up to the Black ones :D
Myzomela

Strictly one pair per aviary for these guys. It's all fun & games as babies, but as they mature they can get very aggressive.
By the way, reds can be a little prone to feather picking- make sure you only buy well feathered birds & try to avoid those bred from feather-plucking parents. And give them lots of enrichment.

I would do my homework on them before buying any. But like you say, that's a lot of finches you need to breed (and sell) first! :)
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks Myzomela...I will look into that for sure...going to be hard to get me to the dark side though :D but with a hookbill lover for a missus I suppose thats where the term She Who Must Be Obeyed comes from :D :D
Myzomela

Yes, I know exactly what you mean.
I think a pet lory has to be worth a small block of aviaries or at least one large planted flight...plus all the finches you can fit into them!!

Return to “Parrots”