Keeping gents/maggots

For all your questions about diet and food for your finches
Macca04

Hi guys,
I just received an order of gents online, and I'm not sure of how to keep them? any suggestions
Craig52

Macca04 wrote:Hi guys,
I just received an order of gents online, and I'm not sure of how to keep them? any suggestions
G'day Macca,are these blow fly or bushfly maggots? Anyway either need to be stored in fresh dry bran in a container with NO lid in the refrigerator on setting 1 or 2,they don't die they become dormant and you feed them out this way. Cheers Craig
Macca04

Craig52 wrote:
Macca04 wrote:Hi guys,
G'day Macca,are these blow fly or bushfly maggots? Anyway either need to be stored in fresh dry bran in a container with NO lid in the refrigerator on setting 1 or 2,they don't die they become dormant and you feed them out this way. Cheers Craig
Hi mate they are the house fly gents from frogs.org. My main concern was if I had the in fridge for a couple of weeks they would die
Craig52

No not at that temp but as you use them,give the container a bit of a shake/tumble around so they don't clump in a mass lump. Craig

Return to “Diet & Food”