My finches wont bathe

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
Joan

Ever since i put my finches in new larger cage, they simply wont bathe...at all... they have 3 dishes of water on the front wire of the cage, in a turn around situation, so v easy to clean, which i do everyday. They also have their original v shallow dish they were all bathing in in smaller cage. Which is sitting in the bowl of a blue bird bath, which i bought at bunnings. They also have a hanging dish nr their food. Have i given them too much of a choice. btw, they dont bathe in their 3 bowls at front of cage. Any advice will be v appreciated. Regards Joan

Also when it rains i rush out and open their wired entrance and put up perches in this area, hoping they might go out in the rain, but no not so far. The newbies like to just sit out there.
Dino_Spagetti

What kind of finches are they? How long have they been in the new setup? How often are they disturbed?
Sticks are pretty great
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Probably just getting used to the new setup, depending on how new it is. Would not be surprised at finches avoiding any rain bar "scotch mist" they are too small for heavy rain bathing.
LML

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”