Rainbow bee-eaters

This is the forum for any topics/posts regarding Softbills, Weavers or Whydahs that do not currently have a species profile of their own. If you wish to complete a profile feel free to do so, on completion send it to Admin for correct placement on the forum.
Tintola

:roll: What have I started ??????? :roll:
OH LORD, SAVE ME FROM YOUR FOLLOWERS!Image
Jayburd
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

know the feeling :lol:
Julian

Birdwatcher and finch-keeper.

Feel free to check out my photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lewinsrail/
And my birding antics here: http://worthtwointhebushbirding.blogspot.com.au/
Myzomela

Hi Tintola,

There's always a need for championing the soft bill cause.

Seems you've just set yourself up for a few articles.

It wouldn't hurt to write a few for ABK again, complete with lots of pics- as well as for AFF!!

After all... you are retired now.... :D ;-)
Research; evaluate;observe;act
Danny

Myzomela wrote:Hi Tintola,

There's always a need for championing the soft bill cause.

Seems you've just set yourself up for a few articles.

It wouldn't hurt to write a few for ABK again, complete with lots of pics- as well as for AFF!!

After all... you are retired now.... :D ;-)
Retired. How do you do less than bugger all??? ;-)
Tintola

I don't have to stay on this forum to be insulted you know.There are plenty of other sites that are more than willing to do the job. :? Retirement??? I just have to take it one day at a time. So far so good :thumbup:
desertbirds

Tintola wrote:I don't have to stay on this forum to be insulted you know.There are plenty of other sites that are more than willing to do the job. :? Retirement??? I just have to take it one day at a time. So far so good :thumbup:

Anytime you want to come and lift the profile of my beloved desert species, you are more than welcome Tintola. maybe review of the two territory wildlife parks would interest members .Theres a big mob of beeaters here now and the bowerbirds are pretty active too.
Danny

Tintola wrote:I don't have to stay on this forum to be insulted you know.There are plenty of other sites that are more than willing to do the job. :? Retirement??? I just have to take it one day at a time. So far so good :thumbup:
But are they as good at it. :think:
Here's a challenge for you - raise the profile of red wattlebirds as aviary pets.
Tintola

[quote="desertbirdsAnytime you want to come and lift the profile of my beloved desert species, you are more than welcome Tintola. maybe review of the two territory wildlife parks would interest members .Theres a big mob of beeaters here now and the bowerbirds are pretty active too.[/quote]

I would be more than happy to raise the profile of Western or Spotted Bowerbirds but I would have to keep them for a while to do some research. Maybe Desertbirds could organise that sometime. :shifty:

Ignoring Danny :yawn:
Myzomela

I know of a vet nurse who hand-raised a red wattlebird from a chick which has become the most wonderful pet- it sits on his head, goes for a fly and then lands on his head again.
But the best part of all- its nails are blunt not sharp like those wild b#%@*+%$!!- whose talons pierce into the quick of your thumbs/fingers with unerring accuracy!!

PS: We all ignore Danny...at our peril! :D ;-)
Research; evaluate;observe;act

Return to “For any species not listed below”