Blue or white breast?

Includes Species Profile.
flap

Sorry for late reply, had trouble getting on forum this morning. Well the blue patch is still there but new feathers not appeared in that spot yet. However the other chest feathers furhter down are snow white. So it looks like a normal WB but no ideas why the underlying colour in that spot is blue (and I don't believe it is lighting or optical illyusion, it does look like a light blue).
So, sorry to disappoint but just a run of the mill WB RH gouldian after all!
flaP
POLAR GOULDIANS

Hi Flap,
I have seen a few birds that have spots that appear blue but moult out white.
I have noticed that the spot is usually around the shoulder of the bird and is allways on a male.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
AMCA26

Still just a WB to me but i do see and have had the same .
Breeding Show Zebra Finches, Blue Gouldians, Pied Orange Breast.
gouldianpaul

i have seen some wB with the blue "wash" across some of the chest. I am not aware that it is a recognised mutation on it's own....some have described it as unclean WB....each to their own opinion. I see this blue tinge as similar to the blue head....i have a pair of black headed YB's...in the sun their head color shows as having a blue tinge.....so this season I intend to cross some of the offspring from this pair back to their parents.....It would be interesting to see the outcome of doing the same with your WB with a blue tinge...cheers, Paul

Return to “Gouldian”