Locations

Get help with forum issues or make a suggestion.
E Orix

Sadly the real thieves know whats round and if there is a demand they will go for it.
About 4 years ago they cut through a rear panel and cleaned out around $14000 worth of birds which I just couldn't replace.
Most were very rare and all went underground as not one turned up.zi guess stolen to order.
All I could do was strengthen my security.
The annoying part was I scared someone in my backyard 3 nights earlier,I guess that was when they cased the place.
One interesting piece,when the police were here they asked if anything material had been taken like a carry box or something similar.
Apparently if they took a $5 box along with the $14000 worth of birds then if they were arrested they could be charged and held,
but if they only took the birds they could only be charged on summonds. So leave a box as well.
Buzzard-1

Bl**dy low life's. :x :x :x
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Unreal , and you gotta worry about the welfare of the birds sure as they wont get looked after the way you would ...
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
Diane

E Orix wrote:Apparently if they took a $5 box along with the $14000 worth of birds then if they were arrested they could be charged and held,
but if they only took the birds they could only be charged on summonds. So leave a box as well.
Interesting how the law works, or doesn't as the case may be. I wonder why the birds aren't consider property as an animal would/should be. I would have thought especially if the birds were required to be licensed (which is a payment to the Government) then if they get stolen then the charge should be theft.
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It has to do with proving that the bird found is the bird stolen. Unless you have genetic records that prove it is the exact bird they can't convict. CALM were very helpful in assisting in arranging a search on a suspects house, and a small quantity of the birds were recovered. But they were the sale birds, complete with their sale box. He claimed he bought them from a garage sale and couldn't remember where, had a long record of petty theft, so cops believed he had been contracted for the theft. The top club rung show birds (my mother is an Aust wide recognized Budgie breeder) were never recovered and they were closed ring rung and registered with her club. Her only consolation is that because of what was stolen she believes they were stolen to order for a dedicated breeder. Who hopefully would look after them right. But loosing the entire season register made it very difficult, go to put a pair down, visually suitable, lets check the records for relatedness and any family genetic traits. Oh bother no record.
LML
LML
E Orix

It apparently dates back to the dim dark days,material items no matter what value are classed differently than live stock.
Jayburd
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think that's pretty stupid.

I'm happy to admit I live in canberra, and if someone asked about a 12 year old member at a finch meeting, then likely they would contact me easily.

I never put my address on though.
Julian

Birdwatcher and finch-keeper.

Feel free to check out my photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lewinsrail/
And my birding antics here: http://worthtwointhebushbirding.blogspot.com.au/
COUNTRY CAPITAL

Maybe something like a state-of-origin setup where your posts appear bananabending maroon or cockroach blue......
doesnt need to narrow it down much just the ballpark....
many of you seem to be sandgropers or are you just the bored ones :lol: i'm just jealous of your red-eared firetails.
CC
Aussie finch tragic.rodent/snake terroriser.
Pete Sara
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

not bored just a wise bunch of people over here.......
Pete Sara

not bored just a wise bunch of people over here.......

Return to “Forum Issues, Feedback & Suggestions”