Gouldian Not to good Since I bought her,Help!!

Includes Species Profile.
Mel7610

Thanks for all your help and yes maybe onto some.Not easy being in the country though lucky going to perth thusrsday and my dad has contacts in the animal health industry.I found a site seigal pigeon.... which sells it but out of stock at the moment.I just hope I haven't left it too late.
With alot of you here are quite big breeders should i contact the breeder I bought her from,after I have administered the medicine and she is well, and tell him what she has maybe his other birds may have it.
Would you get upset if someone (amateur)rang you and advised that your birds are sick or would you be grateful for bringing it to your attention??
Sorry for the questions but i'd hate to upset anyone!!!
natamambo

I make a point of always telling the breeder - had to after Ballarat a couple of weeks ago too.
Tiaris

I think that the breeder you obtained her from already knows he sold you a sick bird since he said "...she will come good".
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I thought that too Tiaris ...
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
gomer

Cydectin is moxidectin,cydectin is just a brand name like APC moxidectin is a brand name for the drug moxidectin. Same drug different dosages on the label. Like said the easiest way for you to get it would be from Colin walker at Australian pigeon company. If you run into trouble pm me and I maybe able to help. dosage rates as stated 5 ml per litre but for 5 days for finches.
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches
Mel7610

Thankyou gomer,living in the country really sucks sometimes!!I will be away until friday quick trip to the city!Will let you know if need some help.Much appreciated.Yes found Dr. walkers site and he is out of stock at the moment. :(
I checked the pet shops,stock feeds and the vets NOBODY stocks it.
And Yes the thought crossed my mind this breeder may be a bodgy Jim job!! :shifty:
I will have a little word to him In a kind and calm manner!!!!Maybe :angel:
thankyou all for all your help
Kind regards Mel
spanna

Wattle Grove vet clinic stocks it up here. You may even go nearby on your way through... Maybe. Might be worth a detour anyway, always good to have some on hand.
Pete Sara
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

like spanna said , wattle grove vet sells it in a small bottle .If its still the same price $9 its only 30ml and all you do is put one drop on the back between the wings, they will explain it to you if you get it. its a mixture of ivermectin and alcohol . it works..
...pete
djb78

You can ring and advise the breeder, but you may find it falls on deaf ears or your to blame. If I was a seller and some one told me I personally would take it into consideration and at least check my stock but unfortunately not all breeders are willing to accept that what they sell could be sick, any long term breeder knows that a little bit of stress can bring out any underlying problems which at point of sale was over looked. If you ring the breeder don't get upset if he/she doesn't want to listen.
Danny
Mel7610

Yep will be making that detour to the vets.Thankyou all very much :)

Return to “Gouldian”