A new visitor

Pete Sara
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

After reading about Tintolas experiences of late with sacred kingfishers, I remeber a few years ago at my partners auntys house a few km away from mine had a breeding pair on their property and was amazed to see them in the wild, the other day on christmas eve will walking down to check on the birds I seen this lovely bird,at first I thought it to be a butcher bird but decided to get the camera insted , LUCKY for us both.
ITs now one I can take of the list of softbills I would love to keep, no need to keep them as i have them in big aviary, it was a nice christmas surprise...
DSCN3016.JPG
I just sat and watched him/ her for about half an hour picking bugs and things from my back lawn...pete
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mattymeischke

Beautiful bird.
She is a beautiful greenish-blue, greener than ones I've seen in the East; is that because she is a hen, because she is a Westralian variety, or a trick of the light?

Beautiful in any case.....
Avid amateur aviculturalist; I keep mostly australian and foreign finches.
The art is long, the life so short; the critical moment is fleeting and experience can be misleading, crisis is difficult....... (Hippocrates)
Tintola

Noice photo Poiter. This one is a juvenile as it still has the white tip on it's beak and the colours are not as bright as in the adults. At this time of year it is probably only several weeks out of the nest. An adult male is usually much bluer and the hen is more of a blue/green colour. Depending on your local form the male can have a white chest or a terracotta coloured one. Mine have terracotta chests. See below.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OH LORD, SAVE ME FROM YOUR FOLLOWERS!Image
flap

Beautiful bird Pete!
flaP
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Gawjus thanks for sharing :thumbup:
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
venetta

What a pretty little thing. We had a baby out on a power line out front a few weeks back.. too bad we didn't even think to grab a camera that would take a decent picture, we were just more fascinated with watching it lol.

We always hear so many in the bushland across the road!
Venetta and Kylie

Return to “Anything else”