'Par Blue' Parrot finches

An area to discuss new and established colour mutations.
finchingit

HI guys,

Was just wondering if anybody had heard of a 'par blue' parrot finch? Not even sure if that is the name by which they go by, but apparently they are a mutation of the 'sea green' with a blueish back as opposed to a green and the head colour has been washed out to a whitish colour. Sounds like it is some form of dilute mutation. Has anyone heard of any or could maybe shed some light on them, or even a photo would be good. Had a quick look on the net, but haven't been able to spot one. Any feedback would be great.

Cheers

Finchingit
AMCA26

Seen some in Sydney 3yrs ago. I have no photos of them.
Breeding Show Zebra Finches, Blue Gouldians, Pied Orange Breast.
westie

there is a bloke in Perth who breeds a few
Finchman1

I think there may be a forum member who has them?
finchingit

Don't suppose you could shed some more light on who might have them. Would really like to get some more info on them and maybe even acquire some.

Cheers
natamambo

I have seen just one, in a pet shop, at a price that made my eyes water, around $500 from memory. It is a deeper blue than the sea green and I wonder if in fact it's not a mutation of the sea green but rather a dark factor, similar to mauve in budgies (with apologies to crocnshas for mentioning them again), which for some reason is not really visible on the "standard" green birds. It needs some specific breeding programs to know for sure and if so may well be dominant single and double factor (with the SF not being all that visible but the DF being so).
Craig52

[quote="natamambo"]I have seen just one, in a pet shop, at a price that made my eyes water, around $500 from memory. It is a deeper blue than the sea green and I wonder if in fact it's not a mutation of the sea green but rather a dark factor, similar to mauve in budgies (with apologies to crocnshas for mentioning them again),

:lol: :lol: :lol: :wave:
firetail555

Par blue is our aussie way of saying "turquoise" which is what they term it in europe etc. In a redfaced parrot finch, the face is more a biscuit colour than the orange of a seagreen ( "aqua" overseas) and the body is "bluer" than the seagreen which is really a wash of blue.

The mutation is normally autosomal recessive and is not a version of sea green. Sea green can be variable though. In scarlet chested parrots, the 2 mutations have been bred together to create the white-fronted blue scarlet. I had a friend back in the early 90's who was breeding them. They just popped up from a pair of normals. I will try to find a photo I had of them. They are quite different to the seagreen and easily distinguised. This mutation was not a dark factor bird, but he never got it fully established.
garymc

Is this them?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pete Sara
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I wonder where those pics have been seen before...... nice looking birds.....Pete

Return to “Mutation Finches”