Nyasa's at Orange Sale

timh

Hey hey....

I guess this question is mainly directed at Jusdeb 8-) but what were the Nyasa's being sold by the gentleman from Vic like?
Pure? Any blue/purple on the rump? What colour beak??
I lost a few and am looking at building up my colonies and just wondering if his were pure?
I had a show to attend so could make it to Orange am so just curious I guess... :D
I would love to see a pic of the ones you bought Jusdeb :thumbup:

Cheers,
Tim
wagga

PM sent
Life in Port Macquarie is the ultimate Aussie sea change lifestyle.
SamDavis

I've got a heap of photos taken by Ripley which includes some Nyasa's I believe. Happy to post some if you'd like?
timh

SamDavis wrote:I've got a heap of photos taken by Ripley which includes some Nyasa's I believe. Happy to post some if you'd like?
Hey mate,

That would great if you could do that... I would appreciate it...

Cheers,

Tim
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I got a pair of split lutino Nyassas from Orange . was told unrelated so hope the seller is being honest , very healthy but rather skitty compared to my peachies other wise very happy with them and hope to get another pair later .
Would have to have a good look with glasses on if you want more details , have tended to keep a distance from them until they settle more so far .
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
SamDavis

Here's the (possibly) relevant photos...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
timh

Cool, thanks for that... They actually look pretty good... I had heard mixed reports on their purity but seem pretty good going by the picks...
Jusdeb, the breeder had them in fairly large aviaries as colonies so that probably why they are a bit nervous and flighty... Just give them time and they will soon settle down. In my opinion, they are probably the aviary occupants I have owned. They settle down really well and often my birds will great me at the aviary door when they know I've seed heads for them...
Also, when you are ready, I'm more than happy to swap bloodlines with you... I have some Luts going at the moment but I'm trying to just get good pure normals at the moment...
timh

Sorry, I just re read my previous post and realised I missed whole words and made grammatical errors...
My computer is dodgy at the moment so I'm using my phone and am quiet rubbish at it... :oops:
:crazy: hopefully you can figure out what I meant to write...
Myzomela

The birds in the second photo look to be Fischer's-at least one has a dark blue rump.
I always worry about the purity of nyassas which show colours other than normal or lutino.
The other yardstick is the clutch size. If you are getting clutches of more than 2 or 3 chicks then that suggests hybridisation with Fischer's.

Thanks for the photos Sam :thumbup:
Research; evaluate;observe;act
branchez

Was the photos of the birds in all wire cages taken elsewhere or is this allowed in other states?
Jack

Return to “Parrots”