Blue Gouldian

An area to discuss new and established colour mutations.
alvin

Hi Everyone

Fledged a few days ago, Looking for some input from experienced gouldian breeders, This one comes from a blue/split cock
paired to a possible blue/split hen,both green back. The day the eggs hatched, looked like 1 was blue (3 in nest),it has white center nodules as well.
On the day it fledged its a more a brown colour bird, has anyone had something similar.

Alvin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gomer

White middle nodule blue gouldian, Congratulations I hope.Check out this link below. This is one of our members sites is a really good point of interest.
http://www.gouldiansgalore.com//mutations.html
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches
alvin

alvin wrote:Hi Everyone

Fledged a few days ago, Looking for some input from experienced gouldian breeders, This one comes from a blue/split cock
paired to a possible blue/split hen,both green back. The day the eggs hatched, looked like 1 was blue (3 in nest),it has white center nodules as well.
On the day it fledged its a more a brown color bird, has anyone had something similar.

Alvin
Have breed other blue gouldians, none of them have brown ,they grey backed
gomer

Looks like a blue in the photo.Maybe have a look through the other colour mutations on that site as reference.
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches
Blue Cuban

Hi Alvin I have a friend in Victoria that had a chick leave the nest the same colour. Its parents where both green backs split blue and ended up colouring up to be a RH WB GB. I did ask if he could remember what colour the center nodules where but unfortunately he can not remember... Bummer!!
I do believe it will be of a blue colour when it molts but how blue we will have to wait and see.

I look forward to knowing how this bird colours up.
Hobby finch Keeper
garyh

Hi Alvin ,i had two birds last year just like your bird,but alas didnt get to the moult stage,found them to be very weak ,good luck hope you get them on the perch and can show use the color,garyh
alvin

garyh wrote:Hi Alvin ,i had two birds last year just like your bird,but alas didnt get to the moult stage,found them to be very weak ,good luck hope you get them on the perch and can show use the color,garyh
Hi Gary
This one was on the floor and flying from fence to fence when it fledged but is fine now flying, tight feathered, looking good.Did start to moult on the back before you lost them.
Alvin
garyh

Hi Alvin,i had mine for about 3 to 4 months,they showed no adult color,will be interested to see how yours go,garyh
Blue Cuban

Hi Alvin, how's this young chick colouring up?
Hobby finch Keeper
elferoz777

I had three birds with white centre nodules and pink skin identical to my blues all come up with green pin feathers.

The parents are Blue hen X split blue cock which means all my birds a re splits (which I am still happy with).

There are some funny things when it comes to their nodules and colouring.
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.

Return to “Mutation Finches”