Dilute Blue Gouldian - Nodules?

An area to discuss new and established colour mutations.
Blue Cuban

Does the dilute blue Gouldian have the same diluted nodules like a SF cock bird except for the normal yellow nodule being white?

I have a blue in a clutch that came from a visual recessive dilute and a split recessive dilute and I'm trying to tell if it's a dilute blue or not.

Except for the frosty white legs and wings the nodules tell me this is just a normal blue.

Rich.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Blue Cuban on 04 May 2015, 11:01, edited 1 time in total.
Hobby finch Keeper
elferoz777

Photos please.

I tale it you didn't expect any blues from this pairing?
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
Blue Cuban

elferoz777 wrote:Photos please.

I tale it you didn't expect any blues from this pairing?
I knew the hen (split dilute) had a high chance of being split blue because there was some dilute blues come from the nest that this hen did.

Rich.
Hobby finch Keeper
Misso

From what i know i believe the recessive dilute nodules are the same as normals. same with a normal blue, so it may be dilute blue.

misso :thumbup:
SamDavis

There'll be some info on Aussie Dilutes in the next FSA magazine.
I have a few photos of each head colour (thanks to some FSA and AFF members) but would love a good photo of a Dilute Blue if you have one I could use please Blue Cuban.
I was also wanting to confirm the nodules are normal colour, so thanks Misso.

Regards,
Sam
Blue Cuban

SamDavis wrote:There'll be some info on Aussie Dilutes in the next FSA magazine.
I have a few photos of each head colour (thanks to some FSA and AFF members) but would love a good photo of a Dilute Blue if you have one I could use please Blue Cuban.
I was also wanting to confirm the nodules are normal colour, so thanks Misso.

Regards,
Sam
Hi Sam how do I get a copy of this FSA magazine?

In regards to a picture of a dilute blue I can't help you. At this stage the above chick is the best I can do and I'm still unsure if its phenotype will be dilute but can say it's halfway by showing white center nodules for blue.. :thumbup:

Rich.
Hobby finch Keeper
surfartist

I would say a good chance of being a blue dilute. If it is not it should be a blue split dilute
matcho

Bloody hell,

All the talk about SF's, DF's, recessives, dilutes, splits, AYs, Euros etc and etc are starting to spin me out. They look like my chicks, most turn out normal. I only look in if there is a problem. Maybe might get a yellow bird, a white breast or a light coloured back male with a grey head ring, I suppose it is some sort of factor.

I do not breed for specifics, just love the birds, like red heads, yellows and blacks, then again I am probably an offender in trying to get pure bred birds. Have tried . But seem to always get some sort of mutation out of so called "pure bred." Try and sell a "split" to a dealer on your say so and you are laughed at. Come back the week later and your bird is for sale as a "split" at an inflated price. I am probably being cynical, but been stung both as a buyer and seller.

I know there is a chart with the nodule thing and skin colour but why bother, they have hatched, you have achieved what you set out to do, you bred them! Just be happy they fledge and then moult into all their glory. There may be some surprises....even a new mutation?

Ken.
elferoz777

just pray it makes it to fledge

I have been pumped about many a bird in the nest gouldian or other only to lose it before its feather comes through.

Look forward o seeing its adult feather
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
Blue Cuban

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but we will never know what could have been.

Chicks hatched then I went away with work for a week only to return to a empty nest... :thumbdown:

Rich.
Hobby finch Keeper

Return to “Mutation Finches”