gouldians have mites!

Includes Species Profile.
jaytt

my new gouldians i recently purchased were constantly coughing and sneezing,so I treated with moxi for two days ,the birds didnt like drinking the water and i removed,the symptoms have disappeared but the birds are constantly scratching and preening and flapping their wings,looks like mites, can moxi treat these pests? thanks for any ideas.
Craig52

jaytt wrote:my new gouldians i recently purchased were constantly coughing and sneezing,so I treated with moxi for two days ,the birds didnt like drinking the water and i removed,the symptoms have disappeared but the birds are constantly scratching and preening and flapping their wings,looks like mites, can moxi treat these pests? thanks for any ideas.
Try two undiluted drops on the bare skin on the back of the neck,or some place a drop on the bare skin under the wing on both sides but the birds can reach this area to preen it away.
Pretty sure there is a spray you can buy for mites on birds. You might also have to spray the aviary with Coopex which won't harm your birds if they get sprayed whilst you do it. Craig
matcho

Repeat in 8 to 10 days.

It is not a 1 off, hope you had moxi plus. The plus helps worms and mites etc etc. Has worked for me and will not change.

Ken
Perryheslop

Craig52 wrote:
jaytt wrote:my new gouldians i recently purchased were constantly coughing and sneezing,so I treated with moxi for two days ,the birds didnt like drinking the water and i removed,the symptoms have disappeared but the birds are constantly scratching and preening and flapping their wings,looks like mites, can moxi treat these pests? thanks for any ideas.
Try two undiluted drops on the bare skin on the back of the neck,or some place a drop on the bare skin under the wing on both sides but the birds can reach this area to preen it away.
Pretty sure there is a spray you can buy for mites on birds. You might also have to spray the aviary with Coopex which won't harm your birds if they get sprayed whilst you do it. Craig

You can use 'avian insect liquidator' to spray directly onto the birds to remove the mites, as well as moxi. I buy the concentrated version so it lasts a lot longer when mixed with water :)

perry

Return to “Gouldian”