Have I missed something??

Includes Species Profile.
Mel7610

As some of you may know I bought a WB RH gouldian hen back in june/july When I bought her she had feathers missing and always fluffed up.
Until recently,I found out( with help from Many here) she has air sac mites and was treated with moxidectin Twice two week gap.now she came good for a little while and just today she looked unwell again.I took the plunge and put her into a cage Now i'm treating her with the moxi again ( reason for this is because i can hear her scratchy breathing) sprayed her for external mites ( not that she is scatching) and keeping her warm with a heater in my room.
:?: Is there anything else i should or must do??
now I did contact the breeder I bought her from I was quite polite about it imformed him of the air sac mites.(well from Great help from every1 here)He assured me He treats his birds Once a month with the Ivermectin,And she must have had eggs hidden and have hatched and thus causing her to be unwell,when I bought her and was quite welcoming to call him back with any more probs!!As I have said once before I don't want to take her back because I can give her a better home and I'm very much attached to her looking passed her unsightly baldness.They are ALL special in their own little way!!! :)
Simba

I would treat her again with Moxi or ivermec, if you treated her last June/July the mites could have built up again to extent that makes her unwell.

I treat mine for two days every month with S76 which is a Ivermec solution this keeps ASM undercontrol, Treating once a month especially when it's warmer means ASM never gets a chance to build up to an extent where it can make birds sick.

When you treat the birds it kills the adult mites but not the eggs, hence why the problem can keep coming back, plus the mites can come from wild birds around the avairy.
Breeder of Gouldian Finches
Mel7610

i did all that i could and she past away last night. :cry: :cry:
David2406

Sorry to hear that Mel
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes sorry to hear that Mel :cry:
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
Diane

That's a shame, you did all you could for her.
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits
flap

sorry tohear she didn't make it. :-(
flaP

Return to “Gouldian”