Is this ok…

Includes Species Profile.
teg33

I'm thinking of keeping gouldians, and I recently bought a long aviary that can be split into 4 sections, one of which I was planning to keep a pair of gouldians! But the aviary is very open, so I was thinking of then putting them in the big aviary with my parrots, stars and mannikins. Firstly, would they be able to breed with the parrots and other finches around (parrots don't touch the finches) ? And would it be ok to put them in this aviary: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cocozanesu ... 777346466/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The front of the aviary is covered in mesh, and it gets the morning sun around the front and the side (the bit you can see in the picture) and the arvo sun is hidden behind the tree.

Would it be ok to keep gouldians in ?
Birds, Drumming, Vegetarianism, Animal Welfare, dogs, animals, and books :)
natamambo

Teg, I'd be wanting to draught proof it as well, plastic curtains or polycarbonate sheets hung around all open sides - normally I'd say April-Sept but at the current rate I won't be moving mine to their summer digs for a couple of weeks at least, weather is still too cold too often.

I prefer smaller flights with fewer birds per flight for management purposes, but that looks to be a wonderful set up.
teg33

natamambo wrote:Teg, I'd be wanting to draught proof it as well, plastic curtains or polycarbonate sheets hung around all open sides - normally I'd say April-Sept but at the current rate I won't be moving mine to their summer digs for a couple of weeks at least, weather is still too cold too often.

I prefer smaller flights with fewer birds per flight for management purposes, but that looks to be a wonderful set up.

Thanks! Do you know where I could get some plastic curtains? I love the idea of them, but i don't know where to look, and how dear the price is!
Misso

spotlight sell the clear pvc/cafe blinds and bunnings aswell.... they come in a few different sizes, ebay aswell sells them.
teg33

Misso wrote:spotlight sell the clear pvc/cafe blinds and bunnings aswell.... they come in a few different sizes, ebay aswell sells them.

Thanks Misso!
Tt101

if you have other finches with your parrots that have lived and bred comfortably for a good amount of time then i dont see anything wrong with adding gouldians. gouldians are a laid back peaceful finch as opposed to the in your face zebras

Return to “Gouldian”