Gouldians

Includes Species Profile.
Simba

Thinking of getting a couple of birds from these guys andbody bought from them ?

Send me a PM if you don't want to comment on line.

http://www.petlink.com.au/Classifieds/sale/2031072.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Breeder of Gouldian Finches
natamambo

I know Flavio, good guy. I believe all his blues are spoken for (was talking to him the other day) but worth a crack. Good birds but he's not cheap.
Diane

I think that is where my blue and my yellow/blue come from and Im more than happy with the pair of them. I think the prices are on a par with others I have seen.
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits
Simba

Well the feedback I got from members PM's was all good so I have ordered a couple of birds from Tony, he said they were all molting at the moment but hopfully ready next month.

I found him to be very helpful and his prices reasonable and inline with other breeders of Blues, he's also a member of the AFF so hopfully will get involved on here as he has a lot of knowledge on Gouldians and the mutations.
Breeder of Gouldian Finches
natamambo

It has got back to me that Flavio was hurt by my comment above. I cannot comment on the prices of his blues, blues are out of my main area of interest and out of my price range (does one lead to the other?) so I don't know how he compares for them. In general I have paid less for yellow backs elsewhere than from Flavio, it was in that context I made my comment.

Let me say categorically however that I have bought from Flavio and paid what he was asking due to the size and quality of the birds. You get what you pay for in this sphere like any other and some of the other (cheaper) birds are not as good as Tony's stock without question. He is honest and open and more than reasonable in his dealings.

I have bought from Flavio and will do so again without hesitation. Flavio, my apologies.
Mr Tino

To natamambo,thankyou for your comment today,firstly I want to say,that I have been breeding gouldian finch with flavio 20 years,we have done alot of work on them to get them in top condition,when we sale our gouldian finch to people,we like yourself,I and flavio like you to away every happy with gouldian finch you have purchase,also we try to help you and other people out as much as we can to breed number of sibling, I know for some people the prices of blue gouldian finch mutation is expensive for some people,we try to keep the price pretty reason in range with the other people who are selling them too. There is a old saying (what you pay is what you get and what dom't pay don't get) we try as much as we can to be honest and helpful for the people who breed all the type of mutation and normal gouldian finch.
I like thank alot people who are present and pass away for there knowledge

cheer from tony :wave: :D :clap:
mackstaa

Well done Tino, I hope you have some birds left, Ill give you a call :)
Mackstaa
garyh

Hello to all,Just like to add to this discussion.I also have purchased gouldians from flavio,and may i say that he could not be more helpfull or honest,when you talk to him,his knowledge is exceptional , and has helped me more than once.His birds are of a very high standard,large ,tight featherd with crisp colors,dont fall of the perch when you get them home.He has beautiful blues ,when you see them,you want them all,it is people like me who benifit from the likes of flavio and tony. I would recommend them to anyone.Prices of his birds are in line with most victorian breeders and well worth the money.A quite guy who loves his birds,good luck to you flavio and tony you deserve it,gary.
Mr Tino

Hi gary h thankyou for your comment today

cheer from tony :wave: :thumbup: :thumbup:
ColouredFeathers

Thank you all for those great comments, Hope I have helped a lot off breaders over the years, and a lot have helped me. MY aim is to breed strong and healty birds so we can all enjoy. I beleave you will never get rich on gouldians. [one day they are on the perch and the next day on the floor] But i beleave they are the best birds in the world. we all as finch breaders our aim should be to breed strong birds . Thank you all again flavio. :P :P
Image Image Image

Return to “Gouldian”