Buying Gouldians

Includes Species Profile.
Tweetybunny

Hi,
I am thinking of buying some gouldians, but have read that it is best to wait until they have finished moulting.
I was wondering how soon till they would be through the moult, and also what would be a reasonable price to expect to pay for normal pairs. :bunny:
Simba

Most Gouldians should be through the moult by December so now's a good time to start looking.

A normal Purple Breasted pair from a breeder should be around $40 and around $50 for white breasted.
Breeder of Gouldian Finches
Tweetybunny

Thanks Simba, I have seen them in pet shops for a lot more than that, and not very good looking birds to boot.
I will start looking at birds from breeders. :bunny:
garyh

hi tweety ,gouldians in victoria, probibly wont be in full color until at least december,a lot of good birds a bit later,in vic well bred goulds will cost at least $55.00 a pair, white breasted around$80.00 to $90.00 ,this is for good , avairy bred birds,parent raised. look only at birds with glossy tight feathers and quick movement, hope this helps gary.
natamambo

Tweety, I've sent a PM with contact dealers for a breeder in your part of the world.

In "the olden days" all my birds came from pet shops but these days the internet and places / "friends" like AFF provide much better options. Contact the Queensland Finch Society and become a member too.

Try Petlink as well.
Tweetybunny

Thanks for the PM Natamambo, I will have a look at a few options. :bunny:

Return to “Gouldian”