Gouldian Not to good Since I bought her,Help!!

Includes Species Profile.
Mel7610

So how long does it take effect? I gave them the dosage today and leaving it in for another day as she is so bad and advice from another!! How long till my girl starts to show some signs of becoming herself again??
Mel7610

the Moxydectin to take effect I mean!! :lol:
SamDavis

I've only ever had one hen with the definite clicky breathing presumed to be airsac mite. She came good within a few days after moxidectin. I gave it in the water and applied directly to her thigh.
spanna

Yeah it can take a couple of days for them to start looking better. They also have to pass the dead mites, which is a bit tough on their little bodies sometimes. Any signs of improvement so far Mel?
Mel7610

Have been watching her very closely i think she staring to look a little more spritely and her breathing is'nt quite so laboured.She seems to be eating a little more and actually going down to the floor to pick at the winter grass which I have never seen her do!!
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Another thing that helps is warmth......thats why so many of us have hospital cages... :thumbup:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
Mel7610

have a heat lamp set up on a timer and she is always under it!It comes on first light and again late arvo,and she is waiting for it to come on each afternoon.Just today haven't had much time to watch her but she is actually joining in with the others flittering about like a finch shoul and not fluffed up at all.So a definate happier little hen!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Return to “Gouldian”